Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

It has been awhile hasn't it?
Been lazy recently and have not made much progress. 

Been in the process of moving, now I have a new garage in South SF that is much bigger. 
Finally have a good work bench and some real tool storage as well. I have some more shelving along the left wall now (and less shit on the ground) to hold the rest of my parts. The garage is 20x25 with a 15ft celling, have of the space is mine. 






But I bet you just care about my progress with the bike.

 I had finished the milling of the motor mount for clearance last time I posted. I finally got around to marking and drilling the mount holes for the motor. The holes were pretty close to perfect, a little massaging and the bolts slid right in. There is a lot of metal on the upper part of the mount because I was unsure of the finial angle of the motor and how low it needed to sit. Now that I have the motor in the frame it looks like it is only going to hang a few inches lower than a stock puch motor. Still need to mark the cut line on the mount and machine round groves into the mount that match the profile of the frame.


Also notice that the intake that was last seen in pieces has been welded together (thanks Zeke) and is as perfect as I could have hoped.

3 comments:

terrydean said...

and to think i had nearly givin up on you! shit's looking awesome, man!

Paz said...

Was hoping you all would forget about me.

Finially got a bug up my ass and need to get this going for the SF Rally

Anonymous said...

It's about time! can't wait to see more.